Managing a child’s behavioral, physical and educational needs can be challenging.
Help is here with CMCS’ Care Management program. Care Management is a free voluntary service for Medicaid recipients who may need additional support navigating the health care system to meet a child’s medical and behavioral health needs. Contact us at 718-993-7700, ext 831 for more information.
How do we help?
- We assist you with scheduling appointments.
- We advocate for you and your family when meeting with healthcare providers and school staff.
- We provide explanation of health information and service goals.
- We provide youth and caregiver support.
- We connect families to community resources.
Who is eligible for Care Management?
Youth between the age of 0 and 21, who are Medicaid eligible and who meet ONE of the following criteria:
Have a diagnosis of Serious Emotional Disturbance
Dealing with issues related to Complex Trauma
Have two chronic health conditions (i.e.: obesity, asthma)
Why Care Management?
Better use of health services results in better health and well-being overall.
Stronger health is related to greater educational success.
When parents, doctors and teachers share information, children have better outcomes.
To find out if you are eligible for CMCS’ Care Management program, contact us at 718-993-7700, ext 831.